The HTTP connection manager and tcp proxy supports extensible access logging with the following features:
- Any number of access logs per connection manager or tcp proxy.
- Customizable access log filters that allow different types of requests and responses to be written to different access logs.
Access logging sinks¶
Envoy supports pluggable access logging sinks. The currently supported sinks are:
- Asynchronous IO flushing architecture. Access logging will never block the main network processing threads.
- Customizable access log formats using predefined fields as well as arbitrary HTTP request and response headers.
- Envoy can send access log messages to a gRPC access logging service.
- Access log configuration.
- File access log sink.
- gRPC Access Log Service (ALS) sink.